top of page

Working for you.

Get your personalized immigration plan today


What we do

General information about key IRCC programs is outlined below, however, there may be other options suitable for your needs and goals.  Book an immigration consultation with our RCIC to ensure that all possible pathways are explored.

Traveling by Air


Canada boasts 13 unique provinces and territories, each more interesting and inspiring than the last.  Home to 47 incredible national parks, its no wonder people come from around the world to explore Canada from coast to coast.  Whether you plan to visit the vibrant multicultural cities, or experience the great outdoors, there is something for everyone. 

Canada welcomes more than 20 million visitors annually, and most travelers need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to come for vacation, family visit, short term study, or some business trips.  Click here to find out if you qualify for an eTA.  

Other nationalities require a visitor visa.  Click here to check if you need a visitor visa to come to Canada. 


If you are the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or PR you may be eligible for a parent/grandparent Super Visa.  This is a 10 year multiple entry visa that allows eligible parents/grandparents to stay in Canada for up to 2 years at a time.  This differs from a visitor visa where the maximum length of stay is generally 6 months. 

Current Immigration provides assistance with eTA, Visitor Visa, extensions, and change of status, and Super Visa applications.

Happy Man


Canada is well known for having high quality education, low tuition fees in comparison to other markets, and a society that welcomes and values diversity.  Study permit holders may also be permitted to work while they study, and may be accompanied by dependent family members.  International students make up more than 16% of enrollment in Canada's post-secondary institutions, contribute nearly $22 billion annually to the Canadian economy, and sustain more than 170,000 jobs. 


Canada's commitment to attract and keep international students has also lead to the development of numerous immigration pathways for international graduates.  After graduation, international students may be eligible for a Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP), or International Graduate immigration streams in many provinces, which lead to permanent residence.  International students make up an invaluable part of the Canadian population, and continue to contribute to economic growth as skilled workers, and consumers after completing their studies. 

If you have been accepted to a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) for a program of 6 months or longer, you need a study permit.  Contact Current Immigration to learn how to apply.  We also assist with study permit extension and restoration.

Construction Workers


Canada relies on temporary foreign workers to fill critical labour shortages and contribute key skills to the work force.  On average nearly half a million work permit holders are employed across Canada each year.  In every sector from healthcare, to agriculture, there are opportunities for everyone.  Click here to find out if you need a work permit.



In most cases, an employer seeking to hire a foreign worker must first obtain a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).  A positive LMIA proves that after a thorough advertising and recruitment effort, no suitable Canadian citizen or PR could be found for the position, and so you are seeking to hire a foreign worker.  The employer must also prove that working conditions, wage, and benefits meet the provincial and federal standards for the industry.  Current Immigration can assist employers with this process.



Work permits are generally employer specific, meaning you must work for the employer indicated on your work permit.  Your employer must first obtain a positive LMIA (if required). 


However, open work permits are also available in certain cases, in particular:

  • if you are a recent graduate of a DLI and PGWP eligible program

  • if you applied for PR in Canada (or are the dependent family member of PR applicant)

  • if you are the spouse or common law partner of a skilled worker or international student

  • if you are a refugee, refugee claimant, protected person, or their family member

  • post secondary co-op work permits

Current Immigration provides assistance with LMIA/LMIA exempt work permits, as well as:

  • Expedited processing for Global Skills Strategy applicants.

  • International Experience Canada working holiday programs (available for citizens of more than 30 different countries, aged 18-35).

  • work permit extensions and restoration.

Ask pen Spousal Work Permit

Man with Glasses


Canada's Express Entry system is the primary route for many new immigrants. It encompasses three federal immigration programs: Federal Skilled Worker, Federal Skilled Trades, and Canadian Experience Class.  Candidates submit an online profile and points are awarded for criteria including: age, education, language skills, work experience, adaptability etc.  If you are eligible for an express entry program, your profile will be ranked and put into a pool of candidates.  Draws are held periodically where the top candidates are invited to apply for permanent residence.  Once invited, you will have 60 days to submit your PR application.

Under the express entry system it is crucial to earn as many points as possible to increase your score, and chance of being selected.  Therefore, documents such as an Education Credentials Assessment (ECA), and language exam scores (IELTS, CELPIP etc), or a job offer can boost your potential score, and the likelihood of being selected.

Complete our FREE Assessment to find out if you are eligible for Express Entry programs.  Current Immigration provides assistance from start to finish, and can advise you on how to earn top points for your profile.

-Canadian Experience Class

Happy Family


Family reunification is a primary objective of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA).  Canada is committed to keeping families together.  If you are a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident who is at least 18 years old, you may be eligible to sponsor certain family members to Canada.  You must be able to prove that you can support your family members financially, and sign an undertaking (legal promise) to do so.


Current Immigration can assist with sponsoring your spouse or common law partner, or dependent children.  Under Canadian immigration law, a common law partner is someone you have been living with for a period of at least one year, in a conjugal relationship.  A dependent child is defined as begin under 22 years of age.  Older children are not considered dependent (unless dependent on their parents due to a physical or mental condition) and therefore  must apply for PR through other avenues. 

Parents and grandparents may ordinarily be sponsored however, applications are currently closed for this program (as of November 3, 2020).  If you previously submitted an 'interest to sponsor' application for your parents/grandparents and have received an invitation to apply, you have 60 days to submit a complete application.  Current Immigration can assist with this process and ensure your application is complete.  If you missed the deadline or did not receive an invitation, your parents/grandparents may also be eligible for a Super Visa

Contact us to find out if you are eligible to sponsor or book a consultation to get started.

Woman with Headscarf


More than 100 000 people became naturalized Canadian citizens in 2020.  If you are a Permanent Resident and have been physically in Canada for 3 years (1,095 days) out of the last 5 years, can speak English or French, and have (if required) filed your tax returns, you may be eligible for citizenship

Applicants between the age of 18-54 are required to sit a citizenship test and prove a language ability of CLB 4 in in English or French speaking and listening skills.  After the test, adults and children 14 years or older must attend a citizenship ceremony, take the Oath of Citizenship, and finally receive a citizenship certificate. 


Current Immigration can assist you with calculating physical presence in Canada, and ensure you have the documents you need to apply.

A PR card is not required to apply for citizenship.  PR cards are valid for 5 years, if you need assistance with applying for or renewing a PR card  or confirming your PR residency requirement, contact Current Immigration for guidance.

Super Visa
shutterstock_1171273810 (1).jpg


Thanks for submitting!
bottom of page